Yes, I love frogs, but do you know why I love frogs? Because I find Rain Forests fascinating and frogs, such as the red eye tree frog (my personal favorite), live in tropical rain forests.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Tuesday-The Glacier Trek

Tuesday was by far the coolest day of our trip! Although I loved the boat ride on Monday too, but I think hiking on a glacier wins as far as unique things to do. And it was so warm that we didn't even need to wear our coats. We took a guided tour in which they provided us with boots, hiking poles, helmets, and crampons (Please no more jokes! That is the real name! They are the spikey things you put on the bottom of your boots when walking on glaciers). :)

So we started out by driving to the glacier. Then we strapped on our helmets and walked along the moraine. This glacier, by the way, is a land glacier rather than a water glacier like the one we saw on our boat tour. The moraine had some very interesting formations on it.


Once we crossed the moraine we strapped on our crampons and started the glacier trek.

3 Comments:

Blogger The SC Elwarts said...

My mind keeps screaming, "Tooeee-piiick!" from The Cutting Edge.

5:16 AM

 
Blogger Kelley said...

I don't think I've seen that.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger The SC Elwarts said...

It's a classic. Definately an early 90s movie, but not too shabby.

12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home