Yes, I love frogs, but do you know why I love frogs? Because I find Rain Forests fascinating and frogs, such as the red eye tree frog (my personal favorite), live in tropical rain forests.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Thursday morning in DC

Our last morning in DC we decided to go to an IMAX. We were a little tired from all of the walking we did the last two days. :) So, we went to see Wild Safaris 3D at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Then we walked over to the Ford Theatre, but the line was so long we had to skip it. Across the street was the house Lincoln died in. The line there was really long too, so I just took a picture instead. :)


Then we headed back to the Air and Space Museum to finish looking around from yesterday. On our way we walked through a little sculpture park. It had a great fountain.


Do you know what this is? My dad was shocked that I didn't know what it was. :) I guess it is a sculpture of a type writer eraser. You use the wheel to erase and then the blue stuff to wipe off the eraser pieces. Very interesting. I had to take a picture. :)


And with that we came home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Does it mean that I'm old if I not only know what a typewiter eraser is, but also used them back in the days of the manual typewiters? :)

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Kelley said...

I will let you make your own inferences on that matter. :)

5:44 PM

 
Blogger kevin mcfadden said...

Seems kind of bulky for erasing. I'll stick with cut&paste.

Great pix Kel.

11:06 PM

 
Blogger The SC Elwarts said...

Man, am I coveteous! Great pictures. It looked like fun.

7:15 AM

 
Blogger christina said...

kelley,
i've decided not to be a stalker anymore and just leave a comment to say hey. :-)

great pics. i've never been to dc so thanks for the readers digest tour.

christina

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Kelley said...

Hey Christina! Thanks for saying hi. :) I haven't seen you around in forever it seems.

Yeah, DC was great! I got to go in college when I was on choir tour, but we only had a few hours, so it was nice to go back and spend a few days. There's so much more we could have done though. Its a great trip! You definately should try to go some time. You can walk all over the city and all the Smithsonian museums and monuments are free. :)

6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home